The Barwon Health Foundation Kids Appeal is raising much needed funds for a brand new rehabilitation centre for Geelong children and youth. This exciting new project will only be possible with local support and will be fully funded by the community.
The state-of-the-art centre will include a gym, consulting rooms, a therapy kitchen, playground and private treatment rooms. It is hoped this project will reach its goal of $3 million within three years, through generous community support.
See the change a $50,000 donation from Community Bank Lara District has already made to this important community appeal.
The new centre will be designed just for children:
- Children will have spaces and equipment that are the ideal size for them.
- The spaces will be designed and decorated with their imaginations in mind.
- The new centre’s atmosphere will help stimulate their creativity and engage them in rehabilitation.
- The space will engage developing brains. Play will be disguised as therapy, engaging the minds of children and their families.
- Spaces will developed with whole families in mind, including parents and siblings who play a key role in rehabilitation.
- Staff will have the facilities and equipment to provide the highest quality care to kids of all ages with better outcomes for families.
Watch our video to see what a difference the new centre will make to our kids.
The new centre will include:
- A children’s gym with state-of-the-art equipment to help with walking, moving arms and hands and preparing kids for physical play at home, playgrounds and schools.
- An innovative ‘communal kitchen’ will allow families to sit, relax, meet and chat. At the same time, children and youth can participate in therapeutic cooking activities. This can help with arm movement, thinking skills, problem solving, and physical function.
- Quiet spaces for counselling, therapy and group programs will provide a warm, friendly and homely environment, allowing families who may be under great stress to feel safe and cared for.
- Teleconference facilities will improve the capacity to provide direct support to families across the region, allowing for conferencing and input from Melbourne-based specialist clinicians.
The Barwon Health Foundation Kids Appeal is a management account of Community Enterprise Foundation ABN 69 694 230 518, The Bendigo Centre, PO Box 480, Bendigo Vic 3552. The Foundation will make distributions by way of grants, following receipt of applications from organisations endorsed with an item 1 Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR).