The Donald Community Precinct Redevelopment Committee has been working for a number of years to secure funding for an upgrade to the current sports centre in Donald.
The current centre has the highest usage of any facility within the Buloke Shire with multiple sporting clubs, community organisations, P&A society, schools and business organisations utilising the area. The centre is also a designated community crisis evacuation/support area being used in times of emergency, most recently during the 2011 floods.
The upgrade will provide:
- A multipurpose facility to cater for community groups, families, elderly and disabled.
- Increase participation and improve health and well-being of community.
- Increase existing floor space by 50%
- New competition Basketball/Netball court
- New netball change rooms
- New female friendly umpire change rooms
- Includes a community gymnasium and multipurpose room designed for aerobics and dance classes.
- Increased conference space to allow for more events.
- New meeting and storage rooms
- Child minding room
- New spectator areas for basketball/netball court and oval sports
- A contribution to the fund is a contribution to the successful future of our vibrant community.
Donald Community Precinct Redevelopment Appeal is a management account of Community Enterprise Foundation™ ABN 69 694 230 518, The Bendigo Centre, PO Box 480, Bendigo, Vic 3552.The Foundation will make distributions by way of grants, following receipt of applications from Donald Friends and Neighbours Society, which is endorsed with an item 1 Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)